RE: [squid-users] IIS 6.0 and cachemgr.cgi issue

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:34:41 +0200

Hi,

At 11.49 25/04/2005, Jeroen DEMETS - SAVACO wrote:

> >I have done the following:
> >- Cretated a cgi-bin virtual dir with CGI execute permissions
> >- Added the cachemgr.cgi web extension to IIS6 and authorized to be
>loaded
> >- Remove Anonymous access from cgi-bin virtual dir and enabled
>integrated
> >(or basic) auth.
> >- Committed IIS6 config to disk (right mouse click on machine name in
>the
> >II6 console) and restarted the web service.
> >
> >Regards
>
> >Guido
>
>Hi Guido,
>
>I've tried again on another IIS 6.0 on another server but still the same
>error. I do think that you also changed the document tab to have
>cachemgr.cgi in it? Maybe that's the difference? I had to enable a
>default content page and set cachemgr.cgi there. You didn't have to?

No, I don't have set this, but I think that it should not be the difference.

>I added the cachemgr.cgi to the web service extension list. Instead of
>allowing the "all unknown CGI extensions" I added cachemgr.cgi.

Correct.

> I also
>tried with cachemgr.exe (renamed the file) because the wizard also talks
>about CGI EXE scripts.

The file extension is not influent.

>This didn't help either.
>
>Our servers are running w2k3 with the latest hotfixes, just not SP1.

My test machine runs SP1.

What user do you use to login on IIS ? It seems that it must have
administrators privilege to allow cachemgr to run.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/