Re: [squid-users] NCSA authentication - Squidrunner

From: Wennie V. Lagmay <wlagmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:41:05 +0300

We are using Squid-2.5.STABLE7 with latest paches, I just want to know if
enabling NCSA-authentication will burden Squid to much? because as of now,
Im not planning to upgrade to STABLE9.

Using NCSA authentication, Initially I can Input all the username and
password of our client to htpasswd, the question is, Is there a way for a
microsoft windows client that is accessing the internet but cannot access
the Squid box directly to change there own password?

regards,
wennie