Re: [squid-users] NCSA authentication - Squidrunner

From: Alfredo Adam III <shardam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:15:09 +0800

Sir,

Im now trying to setup squid authentication in fedora 3. My squid was
running ok, after i have configured its authentication, the problem is
the username and password were not accepting on the login box. The error was:

##########
ERROR
Cache Access Denied

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://chikka.com/

The following error was encountered:

Cache Access Denied.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:

 http://chikka.com/from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.

You need to use Netscape version 2.0 or greater, or Microsoft Internet
Explorer 3.0, or an HTTP/1.1 compliant browser for this to work.
Please contact the cache administrator if you have difficulties
authenticating yourself or change your default password.

########

Although I create a username and password to "htpasswd
/etc/squid/squid_passwd name password". The problem is the username
and password was not accepted on the browser. My NCSA although was
running. Why is it the username and password were not accepting on the
login boxe???? Can you help me if there's something wrong from my
config

auth_param basic program /usr/libexec/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/squid/squid_passwd
acl name proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow name

Thanks,
Adam