[squid-users] general squid questions

From: Daniel Spratlen <daniel.spratlen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:23:19 -0400

Hello all,
        I'm new to this list so I apologize if my questions have been
answered before. I have a application that currently uses delegate
(http://www.delegate.org) as a proxy server. I'm interested in
replacing delegate with squid. I've read through the FAQ and I have a
few questions.

In my application delegate serves as a transparent proxy server for port
80 and port 443 traffic. Getting the traffic to the proxy isn't a
problem as we are using spoofed DNS. There is zero browser
configuration on the client. All traffic is dynamic and we don't
need/want to cache anything.

With delegate I can do a tcp relay, which is taking https requests from
a client and passing the encrypted traffic to the server (and back again
obviously). Is it possible to provide this functionality with squid?

Is it possible to use the ACL functionality of squid to filter based on
user agent?

Is it possible to limit the number of concurrent http/https sessions a
user may have (based on ip address)?

thanks for the help

Daniel