[squid-users] ERROR on squid Authentication

From: Alfredo Adam III <shardam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:20:37 +0800

sir,

Im now trying to setup squid authentication in fedora 3. My squid was
running ok, after i have configured its authentication, the problem is
the username and password were not accepting on the login box. After
that the error was:

ERROR
Cache Access Denied

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://chikka.com/

The following error was encountered:

Cache Access Denied.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:

    http://chikka.com/from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.

You need to use Netscape version 2.0 or greater, or Microsoft Internet
Explorer 3.0, or an HTTP/1.1 compliant browser for this to work.
Please contact the cache administrator if you have difficulties
authenticating yourself or change your default password.

It seems the ncsa_auth were not functioning. Sir, is there any mistake
that i have made? Can u give me a sample config file to be followed?

Thanks,
Adam