[squid-users] Re: ERROR on squid Authentication

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:08:29 -0400

Alfredo Adam III wrote:

> Im now trying to setup squid authentication in fedora 3. My squid was
> running ok, after i have configured its authentication, the problem is
> the username and password were not accepting on the login box.

> It seems the ncsa_auth were not functioning.

Have you read the Authentication FAQ?

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html

Can the user Squid runs as read the password file?

Did you test ncsa_auth from the command line? To do this, simply run it from
a shell prompt, then type in "username password" (without the quotes,
substituting a real username and password) and press Enter. The helper will
reply with "OK" or "ERR". Use Ctrl-C to kill the helper when done.

Adam