Re: [squid-users] How to block a client using mac

From: William Summers <tech@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:52:41 -0400 (EDT)

The previous post is true, but if you want to control what Squid redirects
via a mac address, there is the option to compile with arp based acl.

--enable-arp-acl Enable use of ARP ACL lists (ether address)

See the FAQ. And hope he doesn't figure out how to spoof his MAC.

--
William Summers
IT Coordinator
The Academy at Swift River
151 South Street
Cummington, MA 01026
800-258-1770 ext. 208
Cell:  413-320-7425
Fax:  413-634-5515
www.swiftriver.com
College Preparation:  A Contemporary Approach, Based on New England
Traditions
A Program of Aspen Education Group
www.aspeneducation.com
Help for Today, Hope for Tomorrow
DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this
message in error. Thank you, Aspen Education Group, Inc.