[squid-users] Problems with Squid and ebtables

From: Louis <lkutter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:18:25 -0400 (EDT)

I have server running fedora and squid. It is running in a bridge mode.
It has two nics and ebtables running, ebtables redirects to squid
process. All seems to work fine except the server appears to be
sending spam, when I do a netstat -p | grep smtp it shows the squid
process trying to send out to many different servers. Here is the main
part of the config that I am having problems with

visible_hostname cache.mydomain.com`

acl net1 src 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
acl net2 src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

#
# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS
#
http_access allow net1
http_access allow net2
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

I know take out the 0.0.0.0 subnet but when I do that people on the
outside world cannot access the internal web servers. But the smtp
traffic Stops. I have tried varies access rules but haven't hit the
right combination yet.
Thanks in advance.
Louis

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com