[squid-users] 2 squid processes

From: Discussion Lists <discussions@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:15:34 -0700

All,
Obscure question here: Has anyone been able to get 2 squid processes
running? I remember corresponding to a gentleman a while back who was
able to get it to work, and he gave me his init-scripts, and conf files.
Since then I have been unable to find that stuff try as I may, so I
wanted to check with you good folks to see if any of you have something
like that which can help me? The problem is that the single squid
process can't handle all of what I want:

-Internal squid listener for proxy clients
-External squid listener to publish our websites Port 80.
-External squid listener to publish SSL Port 443.

I found the following link (scroll down a third of the way) and it
describes how to do this, but it would be really helpful to see config
files, and init files.

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:OwnNlpbABqgJ:www.swelltech.com/suppor
t/webminguide/ch03.html+%22two+squid+processes%22&hl=en&client=firefox-a

Thanks!