RE: [squid-users] 2 squid processes

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:54:49 -0800

I have two squid processes running on one box, but only to take advantage of
a second processor. One instance Squid is capable of running as both a
caching proxy, and a web-accelerator
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-20.html).

In any case, if you want to follow the path of running two processes, then
you just need to follow the FAQ on setting up each conf file. The
directives that MUST be different for each conf file are http_port, icp_port
(if it's not set to 0), cache_dir, cache_access_log (if not set to
/dev/null), cache_log, cache_swap_log, pid_filename, and snmp_port (if squid
was compiled with snmp support).

You can use the same squid binary for both processes, just specify a
different conf file for them to use (e.g. squid -f /path/to/accelerator.conf
&& squid -f /path/to/cache.conf).

Chris