[squid-users] should I run squid?

From: Henry <fadeaway@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 03:31:01 -0400

I know this topic gets covered a lot...
I've read the squid FAQ and looked at example system configurations.
However none of them seem to be identical to what I will be trying to
do...

I have a home network of maximum of 5 users. Less than 1,000 http
request a day.

The system I would like to run squid on is a Pentium 2 266Mhz, 304MB
of ram, 6GB ata/33 5400rpm hard disk... running openbsd. I only have
about 1GB of space for squid too on top of that.

My main desire for squid is to increase performance for web
browsing... Would it help? Is it worth it?