Re: [squid-users] should I run squid?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:00:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Henry wrote:

> My main desire for squid is to increase performance for web browsing... Would
> it help? Is it worth it?

With as few users and quite likely different interests I doub't it will be
worth it for your setup. For it to be worthwile in terms of cache you need
to have some users visiting the same pages.

But there is other benefits from running a proxy. You can set up filters
restricting where certain users may go, and have access logs indicating
what websites was wisited by whom when.