Re: [squid-users] Major malfunction: Squid and Windows Update

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:17:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Aldebaran wrote:

> On Friday 22 April 2005 11:26, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Brett Glass wrote:
>
> As since I have similar problem like Mr Glass, if allowed, I do restart
> thread from here!
>
>> Which version of Squid are you using?
>
> 2.5stable7
>
>> access.log with log_mime_hdrs on showing some sample requests
> triggering
>> the problem please.
>
> I send in attach my g-zipped log, but on case in this list attach isn't
> allowed, write here one transaction with windows update site.

And you are sure this was triggering the problem?

This request trace only showed a lot of unique requests for windows
update. All of them were cache misses, and none could be cached.

The pattern we are looking for is something which would use a lot more
bandwidth when via Squid than without. I could not find anything in your
trace indicating it was using any more bandwidth than requested by the
client.