Re: [squid-users] Downloads Slow down

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 23:53:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Paulo Andre wrote:

> The problem is that they say that this happens at different intervals
> with various files, I know that this is a question that is very broad.
> But what could I start looking at to troubleshoot this?

First verify the networking of your Squid server

   - Cabling
   - Link speed negotiation with the swithch
   - Interface statistics (Errors / Overruns etc)

Cabling should be good.

Links speed negotiation should indicate 100Mbps full duplex both on the
server and the switch.

Interface statistics should show no errors or overruns.