[squid-users] Squid/LDAP_AUTH compilation errors for HPUX 11.23

From: Daniel Lim <Daniel.Lim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 12:57:34 +1000

Hi,
I am having problem compiling (i.e. make) squid-2.5.STABLE7 with
LDAP_AUTH for HPUX 11.23 on itanium platform
I am using GNU Make 3.79.1, gcc 3.4.3 and openldap-2.2.24 installed
for HPUX 11.23 on itanium.
It failed at the ~helpers/basic_auth/LDAP directory with numerous 'ld:
Unsatisfied symbol' errors, for example

ld: Unsatisfied symbol "SSL_library_init" in file
/usr/local/lib/hpux32/libldap.a[tls.o]
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "SSL_accept" in file
/usr/local/lib/hpux32/libldap.a[tls.o]
" " " "

I have also tried on squid-2.5.STABLE9 but failed with similar errors.

If I compiled WITHOUT the LDAP_AUTH both STABLE7/9 worked (make)
successfully. I nned the LDAP_AUTH for Novell NDS.

Can someone please shed light on this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Daniel Lim
Sydney/Australia

This email message, including any attached files, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.

The NSW Department of Commerce prohibits the right to publish,
copy, distribute or disclose any information contained in this email,
or its attachments, by any party other than the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it from your system.

No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding
agreement on behalf of the NSW Department of Commerce by email. The views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Department,
except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of NSW Department of Commerce.

The NSW Department of Commerce accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email and recommends that the recipient check this email and any attached files for the presence of viruses.