Re: [squid-users] Squid/LDAP_AUTH compilation errors for HPUX 11.23

From: Daniel Lim <Daniel.Lim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 16:33:54 +1000

Thank you so much Henrik.
The -lssl -lcrypto options solved the compilation problem.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Daniel

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Daniel Lim wrote:

> Hi,
> I am having problem compiling (i.e. make) squid-2.5.STABLE7 with
> LDAP_AUTH for HPUX 11.23 on itanium platform
> I am using GNU Make 3.79.1, gcc 3.4.3 and openldap-2.2.24 installed
> for HPUX 11.23 on itanium.
> It failed at the ~helpers/basic_auth/LDAP directory with numerous
'ld:
> Unsatisfied symbol' errors, for example
>
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "SSL_library_init" in file
> /usr/local/lib/hpux32/libldap.a[tls.o]
> ld: Unsatisfied symbol "SSL_accept" in file
> /usr/local/lib/hpux32/libldap.a[tls.o]
> " " " "

Your OpenLDAP is compiled with SSL support, but the linker did not
automatically add the dependent SSL libraries.

After running configure, edit helpers/basic_auth/LDAP/Makefile and add

-lssl -lcrypto after -lldap -llber

same thing in helpers/external_acl/ldap_group/Makefile.

This email message, including any attached files, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.

The NSW Department of Commerce prohibits the right to publish,
copy, distribute or disclose any information contained in this email,
or its attachments, by any party other than the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it from your system.

No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding
agreement on behalf of the NSW Department of Commerce by email. The views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Department,
except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of NSW Department of Commerce.

The NSW Department of Commerce accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email and recommends that the recipient check this email and any attached files for the presence of viruses.