[squid-users] Yahoo mail problem

From: David Curtis <DCurtis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 12:36:35 -0400

We have a very strange problem and can't get a handle on it yet.

We have RH9 with squid and dansguardian. Any time we try to get to
yahoo mail we can log in and get to the actual mailbox. After that if
we
try to open message we get a timeout error on the browser. We have
opened up another port in squid to let us bypass the dansguardian
filter
and still get the timeout error. If I bypass the squid box and connect
directly through the firewall it works fine.

I can not seem to pin down any errors in any log that helps. The
strange thing it is only yahoo that seems to be affected.

Below is the version info.

DansGuardian 2.7.1-4

Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE1
configure options: --host=i386-redhat-linux --build=i386-redhat-linux
--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix= --prefix=/usr
--exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin
--sysconfdir=/etc --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include
--libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
--sharedstatedir=/usr/com --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --exec_prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/sbin
--libexecdir=/usr/lib/squid --localstatedir=/var
--sysconfdir=/etc/squid
--enable-poll --enable-snmp --enable-removal-policies=heap,lru
--enable-storeio=aufs,coss,diskd,ufs --enable-ssl
--with-openssl=/usr/kerberos --enable-delay-pools

Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains