[squid-users] external_acl_type with http request header question

From: Ryan Lamberton <ryan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 23:25:26 -0700

Hello all,
I have a question on external_acl_type -- I think. I have Squid 2.5 stable
3 setup and use propel accelerator to pass the header HTTP_X_PUN with the
username that authenticated in propel. What I want to have happen is that
username passed from Propel to be used by squid for proxy_auth.

I have ldap_auth setup for users that don't use the accelerator and (other
than prompting for a username and password each time a browser is opened) it
works great. I was hoping for the users on the propel accelerator that
already logged in and passed their username forward in a header (stripped
out from going forward in Squid) I could proxy_auth on that header.

Is this possible and if so what would I need to accomplish it?

Ryan Lamberton