[squid-users] Problems downloading files larger than 1MB

From: Dave Harrison <david.harrison@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 16:38:49 +1000

Hi all,

I've got a Debian machine running as a web proxy using the package
version 2.5.9-6

I'm having a problem where not using the proxy allows me to download
files of any given size, however if I use the proxy to download a file
over 1MB it stops downloading after it hits the 1MB mark and then just
sits there timing out.

There are no strange messages in the logs that I can see (I've tried
turning logging up to no avail).

All memory options etc are the defaults, so I'm not sure where the
problem lies. There seem to be a few posts floating around about
similar issues, but no definitive answers.

Has anyone seen a similar problem before ?

cheers
Dave