[squid-users] Squid proxy slow

From: Paulo Andre <pandre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 09:40:53 +0200

I have two different proxy servers on our network, the one is currently
in production (linux 2.4.17, squid 2.4Stable1, ext2 file system) and
doing no auth. The dev (linux 2.6.9, squid 2.5Stable9, reiserfs file
system) server is doing ntlm auth against a windows NT server.
When I download the same file at the same time from the current
production server I get speeds of avg 10 kb/s and on the dev server it
stays at about 550 b/s.
Both servers are using the same link.

Could the auth be slowing down the download to that extend? Or what
should I actually be looking for?

Paulo