Re: [squid-users] how to proxy streaming audio/video with squid

From: Linda W <squid-user@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 16:51:29 -0700

I don't know about the specific websites you are trying to access, but
I know that some streaming media types are available on alternate outgoing
ports. If you only open up '80', for example, I wouldn't think "https"
(on port
443) would work very well. You say you only open port 80? That means
the other
ports are "closed". The software that is controlling port access
(allowing only
port 80), should have some logging facility. Have you looked in the logs to
see if anything is being blocked, and if so, what is being blocked?

-l