Re: [squid-users] dns lookups

From: D & E Radel <radel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 17:57:34 +1200

Kevin Kadow wrote:
> Most people who follow this list will know what my automatic response is
> to this question... Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) scripting!
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-5.html

Ah.. excellent. Great idea.

> Are these names resolvable via a search suffix on an Intranet DNS server,
> or are they strictly WINS domain names not visible to DNS at all?

We are using DNS, not WINS for our domain. I think I missed out the
appending of our local domain to the computer name in the linux box's dns
config. I'll do a google to figure out where to input this info.

> If you use an intranet domain and your hosts are all in DNS, this can
> be easily addressed with append_domain, as a simple google search
> would tell you: http://nixdoc.net/files/forum/about28247.html

Ah excellent. Google is great if you know what search string to use. Thanks
for the info Kevin.

Regards,
Dietrich