Re: [squid-users] no_cache or always_direct ?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:19:49 +0200

On 10.05 17:02, D & E Radel wrote:
> We wish to cache all internet websites but not our local webservers. We
> have alot of students with their own webpages which are modified frequently
> and do not wish to run into problems with .asp and old versions of pages in
> the cache.

there will only be problem, if you:
1. misconfigure proxy server (force it to cache something even if it has not
to be cached)
2. misconfigure the web server or scipts to produce invalid headers.

the first should not happen, unless you'll play with refresh_pattern etc.

if the second makes problems, fix the server or scripts, otherwise many
people will have problems even without using your proxy.

> Which is the better option: no_cache or always_direct ?

always_direct is about parent proxies, not about caching.