[squid-users] authentication / acl

From: Chris Knipe <savage@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 10:45:09 +0200

Hi,

I've written a custom authentication handler, which does seem to work. Reads
from STDIN, Authenticates, and returns either OK or ERR on STDOUT back to
squid.

My next step, I want to allow a certain block of addresses http_acess, deny
everyone else, but also allow any request that was successfully authenticated.

I've got the following in squid.conf

# Authentication scripts
auth_param basic program /usr/local/libexec/squid/my_auth
auth_param basic children 25
auth_param basic realm Proxy Authentication
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
auth_param basic casesensitive off

The above seem to work. When using a browser, I am prompted for my username
and password....

# ACL to setup authenticated users, as well as the src addresses of the static
# addresses to allow through the proxy.
acl local src x.x.x.x/y
acl authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED

# http_access rules.
http_access allow local
http_access allow authenticated
http_access deny all

Basically, what happens is that squid prompts for my username and password, yet,
after I enter them, squid just sits there. Error log / access log shows nothing,
and the browser eventually times out. This is with squid 2.5-STABLE9

A quick debug, shows that squid is never passing the information to the authentication
script, so I'm not sure what I did wrong... My auth_param should be fine though, right???

--
Chris.