Re: [squid-users] authentication / acl

From: D & E Radel <radel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 21:02:23 +1200

From: "Chris Knipe" <savage@savage.za.org>

> I've written a custom authentication handler, which does seem to work.
> Reads
> from STDIN, Authenticates, and returns either OK or ERR on STDOUT back to
> squid.
>
> My next step, I want to allow a certain block of addresses http_acess,
> deny
> everyone else, but also allow any request that was successfully
> authenticated.
>
> I've got the following in squid.conf
>
> # Authentication scripts
> auth_param basic program /usr/local/libexec/squid/my_auth
> A quick debug, shows that squid is never passing the information to the
> authentication
> script, so I'm not sure what I did wrong... My auth_param should be fine
> though, right???

How are you reading the STDIN in your script? I recently was shown how:

    #!/bin/sh
    while read INP; do
        x = `echo $INP | /usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth -R .........`

Previous methods of reading from STDIN resulted with similar time-outs to
yours.

Perhaps if you cut and paste the relevant parts of your script, someone may
be able to help debug.

regards,
Dietrich