Re: [squid-users] authentication / acl

From: Chris Knipe <savage@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:08:34 +0200

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 11:01:13PM +1200, D & E Radel wrote:

> From: "Chris Knipe" <savage@savage.za.org>
>
> >root@pyro:/usr/local/libexec/squid# /usr/local/libexec/squid/cenergy_auth
> ><username> <password>
> >OK^C
> >
> >Squid does start the perl childs to run the script. I am however doubting
> >that
> >Squid actually sends the requests off to the script - the scripts never
> >queries
> >anything to the database when ran from squid ..... :(
>

> What happens if you type:
>
> echo "username password" | /usr/local/libexec/squid/cenergy_auth

root@pyro:~# echo "username password" | /usr/local/libexec/squid/cenergy_auth
ERR
root@pyro:~# echo "USER PASS" | /usr/local/libexec/squid/cenergy_auth
OK
root@pyro:~#

First one is a username/password that is invalid (for testing purposes), the
second is a actual user that exist - and as you can see, this is working.

The authenticator queries a mysql database though, and what is bothering me
EXTREMELY is that the script does not even query the database. It would
seem to me that squid never pass the authentication request to the script.

--
Chris.