Re: [squid-users] authentication / acl

From: D & E Radel <radel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:27:19 +1200

From: "Chris Knipe" <savage@savage.za.org>

> Turned on some debugging... I am now seeing
>
> 2005/05/11 12:36:23| The request GET http://www.microsoft.com/ is DENIED,
> because it matched 'Authenticated'

hmm... I'm reasonably new to squid, but I would've thought that
"authenticated" would be a reserved word.

> What is weird is that squid will accept auth_param basic program, but it
> wont accept authenticate_program??

I see authenticate_program in the list of external functions for Squid 2.4:
http://squid.visolve.com/squid/squid24s1/externals.htm

However, I didn't see auth_param in that list. Perhaps authenticate_program
is depreciated and we are to use auth_param now? I see that auth_param is in
the Squid 3.0 manual, but authenticate_program isn't:
http://squid.visolve.com/squid/squid30/externalsupport.html#auth_param

Dietrich