Re: [squid-users] authentication / acl

From: Chris Knipe <savage@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:27:30 +0200

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 11:27:19PM +1200, D & E Radel wrote:

> From: "Chris Knipe" <savage@savage.za.org>
>
> >Turned on some debugging... I am now seeing
> >
> >2005/05/11 12:36:23| The request GET http://www.microsoft.com/ is DENIED,
> >because it matched 'Authenticated'
>
> hmm... I'm reasonably new to squid, but I would've thought that
> "authenticated" would be a reserved word.
>
> >What is weird is that squid will accept auth_param basic program, but it
> >wont accept authenticate_program??
>
> I see authenticate_program in the list of external functions for Squid 2.4:
> http://squid.visolve.com/squid/squid24s1/externals.htm
>
> However, I didn't see auth_param in that list. Perhaps authenticate_program
> is depreciated and we are to use auth_param now? I see that auth_param is
> in the Squid 3.0 manual, but authenticate_program isn't:
> http://squid.visolve.com/squid/squid30/externalsupport.html#auth_param

Hmmm ok....

Well I did add some debugging to my custom auth perl script via syslog...

It never receives anything from squid to authenticate, and that's what
debug tells me.... $_ is always empty as far as my script goes. This is
definately something with my squid config that is not on par...

--
Chris.