Re: [squid-users] authentication / acl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:04:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Chris Knipe wrote:

> my @Info = split(/ /, $_);
> my $SQL = $GlobalDB->query("SELECT CustData.isProxy AS Validated FROM
> CustData LEFT JOIN SquidUsers ON CustData.EntryID=SquidUsers.CustID
> WHERE SquidUsers.isActive='y' AND SquidUsers.Qouta > 100 AND
> CustData.isProxy='y' AND CustData.isActive='y' AND CustData.DebtCode='"
> . $Info[0] . "' AND CustData.Password='" . $Info[1] . "'");

Not directly related to your problem but be warned that you are subject to
SQL injection here...... you should not insert untrusted data directly
into SQL queries like this..

> What is scaring, is that I have absolutely NOTHING reported by syslog....

Try adding some syslogs around the connect etc to verify that the script
actually got running proper.

The debug logs you sent earlier only indicated that Squid challenged the
browser to provide login credentials, and this never came back from the
browser. In most if not all browsers this should display a login dialog.