RE: [squid-users] dns lookups

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:08:23 -0800

If you are able to ping a domain-name-less box from the command line, but
can't surf to it through Squid, then you should check your squid.conf for
the dns_nameservers directive (make sure it's commented). Squid, by default
will use the /etc/resolv.conf file to determine which DNS servers to query,
and is capable of proxying single entry hosts.

Chris