[squid-users] dns lookups

From: D & E Radel <radel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 17:06:42 +1200

Hi there,

This is a real n00b question. Sorry. Our squid setup is working nicely and
DNS is being resolved nicely for internet domain names no problem. However,
local computer names are not resolved with the squid server. eg:
http://my-server/index.html will fail.

Our system is a Windows 2003 domain, so removing the proxy settings from IE
will allow the local names to be looked up. So I guess something is not
right on the squid machine. Is all the stuff I need in /etc/resolve.conf, or
are there squid specific settings needed? Any pointers on where to look?

Thanks in advance.
Dietrich