RE: [squid-users] loadbalancing multiple uplinks

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:52:53 -0800

Warning, this is a completely lame example, and I have no idea how well (or
poorly) it would average the traffic over two links. The basic idea here is
that all sites that begin with the letters A through K (amazon.com,
www.eBay.com, etc.) go out one link. Everything L through Z goes out the
other.

acl AtoK dstdom_regex -i ^(www\.)+[a-k] # Match a potential leading www.
tcp_outgoing_address 192.168.1.1 AtoK # A-K uses one link
tcp_outgoing_address 10.1.1.1 !AtoK # L-Z uses the other

Again, I have no idea of how well this would work at balancing traffic, but
it would keep all requests to one server on one outbound link. *shrug*

Chris