[squid-users] RE: How do I hide port 3128?

From: Niels <zorglub_olsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 20:49:58 +0200

Chris Robertson wrote:

> Something like:
>
> iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 --dport 3128 -j REJECT
>
> (assuming that you are using eth0) should do it. If the box is acting as
> a gateway, then add the same rule for each ethernet interface.
>
> Chris

Thank you for your suggestion. I should have said: I've already tried this,
but nmap will then show

3128/tcp filtered squid-http

which still tells the users that a Squid is running. This also happens with
DROP. And what's worse, it blocks the use of Squid, eventhough I state "-i
eth1". Possibly I'm using Iptables incorrectly, I'll keep trying.

I think you need to state the protokol like this: "-p tcp" when you use
dport.

//Niels