Re: Re: Re: Re: [squid-users] SquidNT service: new start problems

From: <eupec@dont-contact.us>
Date: 14 May 2005 11:58:10 -0000

-----Messaggio Originale-----
Da: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
A: eupec@supereva.it,squid-users@squid-cache.org
Data invio: Sat, 07 May 2005 21:20:04 +0200
Oggetto: Re: Re: Re: Re: [squid-users] SquidNT service: new start problems

Hi,

At 08.35 07/05/2005, eupec@supereva.it wrote:

> >I've checked the PID 1228, but is not Squid: PID 1228 belongs to
> >svchost.exe. Squid is not present in the process table, so file
> >squid.exe.log have a nonsense content for me (squid isn't running at all).

I have just done some tests:

- Stopped SquidNT service
- Created a squid.pid file with a PID of a svchost.exe running instance
- Started again SquidNT service, without any problem

The machine was my Windows 2000 SP4 development workstation.

>Hi Guido,
> these are the SquidNT parameters, taken from the win 2000 server
> service manager :

:::Nothing special here.
:::
:::The strange thing is, why your squid.pid is still present
:::at boot time ?
:::
:::What is the value for the shutdown_lifetime directive in
:::your squid.conf ?
:::
:::If you are using the default value (30 seconds), try a
:::lower value. May be
:::that your machine shutdowns too quickly without waiting
:::for the Squid
:::shutdown, even if it should do it.

Hi Guido,
         I've changed the shutdown_lifetime to 10 s and now SquidNT seems to start fine :)))

I would check again to check if the problem arise again, but I think that your hint was right.

So, again, a big THANK YOU!

Eupec

:::Guido

Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/