RE: [squid-users] SquidNT: Strange log entries.

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:19:29 +0200

Hi,

At 11.21 18/05/2005, Holton, Euan wrote:

> > Never seen something similar before. It seems some problem on the
> > communication channel between squid.exe process and the
> > helpers. What was
> > the squid uptime ?
> > Do you rotate logs ?
> >
> > A restart of SquidNT service should stop the problem.
> >
> > Let me to know if this happens again.
>
>Squid was last restarted around 8am on 26 April, and generally isn't
>under a great deal of load (From cachemgr.cgi: UP Time: 1903558.654
>seconds; CPU Time: 4763.953 seconds). The server running it also runs a
>couple of other services, none of which exercise the disk system
>particularly, and the box has 2 CPUs. All of the services the box runs
>are stable (ie, they've run for several weeks without need for tweaks or
>attention). This issue itself appears to be cosmetic, as Squid hasn't
>given us any problems.
>
>I currently rotate logs weekly, recently changed from daily (a couple of
>weeks ago), with logfile_rotate set to 14. The service barely pages,
>90619 page faults with physical I/O.

Nothing strange here.

>I may update to the latest binaries (2.5 STABLE 9) you offer on your
>download page. Are there any "gotchas" that should be considered before
>doing so?

Teorically no, but it's always a good idea make a test your configuration
on a non production machine.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/