[squid-users] How tell who is browsing where?

From: Neil Loffhagen <Neil.Loffhagen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:27:37 -0000

Have Squid set up and running for a few days now and yesterday got
access to the Cache Manager thanks to help from here. When looking at
"All Cache Objects", it lists all sites that have been cached. For
example, it gives the following information:

KEY 5EA065B87287F573B49D923B2B740CBD
        GET htp://gmail.google.com/gmail/images/star_on_sm_2.gif
        STORE_OK IN_MEMORY SWAPOUT_DONE PING_DONE
        CACHABLE,DISPATCHED,VALIDATED
        LV:1116461397 LU:1116490776 LM:1115226147 EX:1147997397
        0 locks, 0 clients, 1 refs
        Swap Dir 0, File 00000F22
        inmem_lo: 0
        inmem_hi: 562
        swapout: 562 bytes queued

Is there any way to tie this done to who or at least what IP address
started the access? This page is obviously nothing to be concerned
about, but if we had porn sites appearing we'd like to know who was
doing such browsing.

Thanks,

Neil.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/