Re: [squid-users] HTTP/1.1 or 1.0 ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 19:43:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Stephane Poirey wrote:

> I am pretty sure that it is a FAQ, but it seems that Squid is forcing
> HTTP/1.0 between the proxy and the target host even if I enable the proxy
> tunneling (mozilla config key "network.http.proxy.pipelining").

pipelining is sending multiple requests without waiting for the response
first, not tunneling.

> Is it normal?

Yes.

> Is it a configuration problem ?

No.

> The next question is : does Squid support content compression -gzip- from
> end to end ?

Yes.

end-to-end (Content-Encoding) is supported, but it is important the
server is sending a proper Vary header.

hop-by-hop (Transfer-Encoding) is not yet supported. This is currently the
main reason why Squid is not yet HTTP/1.1.