[squid-users] Transparent vs manual proxy

From: Wennie V. Lagmay <wlagmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:00:36 +0300

At present my clients manually defines the proxy and port address. I can
configure my proxy server to be transparent, but i need to know some
things: 1st is there a speed difference between transparent and manual
proxy? If some of my clients are already using tranparent proxy, can I
configure my squid to be transparent and at the same time manual? what are
the advantages and dis advantages of having transparent and manual proxy?

thanks,

wennie