RE: [squid-users] Transparent vs manual proxy

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:26:00 -0800

ACLs
> are setup correctly right?
>
> --
> Chris.

Given the following ACLs:

acl manual src y.y.y.y/24
acl intercept src x.x.x.x/24
acl mynet src 1.2.3.0/24
acl authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED

Something like the following should work:

http_access allow manual
http_access allow intercept
http_access deny !authenticated
http_access allow mynet

For the record, in the above example clients in x.x.x.x CAN be set up to
explicitly use the proxy, and (as long as interception is set up for them)
clients in y.y.y.y/24 can use the proxy implicitly. All the ACLs specify is
that those two subnets will not be prompted for authentication.

Chris