[squid-users] Failover with 2 parents

From: Konstantin Polihronov <polychronov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:25:08 +0300

Hi, everybody !
I have read all the documentation and FAQ of squid-cache and I didn't found
anything about doing failover when using 2 parents. The main idea is that I
have one proxy for the internet access, connected through 10Mbit to the ISP,
and another with another 10 Mbits to the ISP, connected in other
branch-office.
I have leased line between offices, and the two offices are using two class
C internal networks.
In the A-office I'm using child-proxy which redirects requests to the
parent1, and I want to make failover in case when internet line for parent1
is down to redirect requests to parent2 in branch2.
I'll try to make a scheme which describes the problem

                ISP1
ISP2
    -------------------------------------
           --------------------------------------
    | Parent1 |
| Parent2 |
    -------------------------------------

                    | Leased Line

    | Child-proxy |
            USERS USERS

I'll be very gratefull for any Ideas about solving this kind of issues !

Konstantin