RE: [squid-users] FW: WCCP and Fedora 3 not working

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:24:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Damian-Grint Philip wrote:

> Well my use of the word 'downgrade' is misleading - you need to build a
> kernel from source if you want to be able to load your own modules and I
> just built one that was lower than what FC3 + yum left me with.

Most if not all Linux-2.6 based systems automatically install the required
headers for building custom modules in /lib/modules/.../build/.

The Makefiles shipped with the ip_wccp module (tarball varsion)
automatically detects this.

The proper method for Linux-2.6.9 and later is to use ip_gre, not ip_wccp.
I have not verified the operation of either however (only maintain ip_wccp
based on user feedback).