Re: [squid-users] I need some help with squid a pix firewall

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:26:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Damian Forrester wrote:

> I am trying to make my squid proxy server which on the inside network send
> requests to the web through cisco pix.I have seen on the faq that i may need
> to set up a parent cache for this proxy.is this so ,or I do not need to
> configure any thing on my pix firewall ?can some help please

Squid is just a any other station running a web browser to your firewall.

If your firewall requires browsers to have their proxy settings set then
you need to do the same in squid.conf via the cache_peer directive.

If your firewall does not normally require any special proxy settings on
client stations for browsing to work then nothing should be required in
squid.conf either.

The server where you run Squid needs to be permitted to access the
Internet in your firewall.