RE: [squid-users] squid 2.5 - ipf transparent proxy - FreeBSD 5.3-p13

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:53:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Martijn Broeders - HUB Labs wrote:

> The problem described below has got something to do with ipf
> transparent proxying and the STABLE10 version.

This would be the squid-2.5.STABLE9-transparent_port.patch.

Please try if the attached patch makes any difference.

> Is ipfilter version 3.4.x not supported anymore in the STABLE10
> version (because I read that STABLE10 supports ipfilter version
> 4.x now)? Is it a FreeBSD issue?

It is supposed to be supported, just as it was in 2.5.STABLE9 and earlier.

As I did not have means to verify these changes there was several calls
for help with verifying the interception on different OS:es but nobody
reported any problems with FreeBSD..