Re: [squid-users] Password rewriting issues

From: Scott Horsley <scott.horsley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 18:38:03 +1000

Okay, thanks Henrik,

I have modded my helpers to unencode this.

Cheers once again for your always extremely helpful replies

Scott

On 27/05/2005, at 2:48 PM, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Wed, 25 May 2005, Scott Horsley wrote:
>
>> scott abc#123
>>
>> would produce
>>
>> scott abc%23123
>
> Correct. Documented in the Squid-2.5 release notes.
>
>> This is obviously quite annoying as it restricts passwords to be
>> plain alphanumeric
>
> Rather the opposite actually. But your helper needs to know how to
> decode the data sent by Squid. This encoding is plain URL encoding
> using %NN where NN is the hex code of the "odd" character.
>
>> A) This was normal behaviour
>
> Yes.
>
>> B) Is a fix for this?
>
> Yes, make your helper support the format used by Squid-2.5.
>
>> C) Am I doing something wrong?
>> D) Do I need to adjust my helper to re-ascii my password in order to
>> authenticate users?
>
> Yes.
>
>> E) Has anybody else come across this?
>
> Yes.
>
> I made this change in the helper format for Squid-2.5 it as there was
> a lot of problems with non-ascii usernames or passwords. Most notably
> space characters.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email
from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
 those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organisation.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.