[squid-users] HttpRequestHeader "If-None-Match" problem with Squid

From: Matthias Wessendorf <mwessendorf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:17:54 +0200

Hi,

I am again fighting with caching my dynamic content via web proxy.
I noticed a *strange* behaivor.

I started now debuging my http request headers and saw that (on using Squid)
I allways got no "If-None-Match" header. My application sets ETag inside of the
response header, so I am wondering, why my application doesn't *see* that header
when we use Squid?

I tested the stuff without Squid, then all works like expected. My appliction sets
in first Response the "ETag" and on second request, we see the correct If-None-Match value
for the generated ETag value.

am I still missing something?

BTW. I am using "squid/2.5.STABLE7-NT"

Thanks for any ideas regarding that.