AW: [squid-users] HttpRequestHeader "If-None-Match" problem with Squid

From: Matthias Wessendorf <mwessendorf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:49:08 +0200

If-Modified-Since is also missing

note, the requests are against a Servlet that generates dynamic content.

But when I request static content (that is stored in a folder of my web app)
"If-Modified-Since" request header was sent?

I used a ServletFilter to *debug* that, so I saw that the "If-Modified-Since"
was set.

So I have now no idea, why the static content is cacheable, but not my dynamic.

I use something like that to access the dynamic stuff:

http://server/application/contentID/index.html (for dymamic html creation)
http://server/application/contentID/index.pdf (for dymamic pdf creation)

Is it not possible, to cache dynamic content ?
(I don't use Http Request parameters)

I read that paper and I guess, it should be able to do so:
http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

Thanks,
Matthias