Re: [squid-users] tune up

From: Askar <askar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 17:39:13 +0500

Wennie V. Lagmay wrote:

> Ok if im going to recompile it again, i just start squid and it should
> be working again right?

yes

> second if i recompile it --enable-storeio="aufs" do I need to enable
> --with-aufs-threads=1024 and is a 1024 value is ok?

I don't have defined -with-aufs-threads=1024 options while compiling
squid and its working just cool

> during recompilation, can I let squid running? aftrer I recompile it I
> sould only issue a command squid -z and suid start am I right?

yep let squid serving clients, don't issue squid -z command no need to
do so. Before giving "make install" command for safty cp your squid.conf
file to another location if you want to reuse the same squid.conf and
then issue "make install" and place the squid.conf in
/usr/local/squid/etc, and change the cache_dir line only replace diskd
with aufs.
then shutdown the squid and restart it.

> what is the posiblity that my squid will not start?

I'm sure it will start with no problem ;)