Re: [squid-users] transparent proxy help

From: Abu Khaled <khaled.abu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 23:09:05 +0300

On 5/30/05, Henry <brassing@mac.com> wrote:
> I got it working on my router which is running openbsd... I am trying
> to get transparent proxy working on my a separate server which is
> running freebsd

Ooops sorry missed that one. That usually happens after my wife bursts
into the room.

I remember that a friend of mine had such a problem but with ipf on FreeBSD.
You can try this but I am not sure if it works.
*** On Gateway
1. Pass traffic from Squidserver IP to port 80 to avoid loop
2. Redirecting http traffic from Client IPs to Squidserver but not
changing destination port ( I left it at 80 ).
*** On Squid server
1. port 80 was redirected to 3128 (squid on localhost)
2. Squid was compilled/reinstalled on the squid with option
"enable-ipf-transparent"
3. chgrp <squiduser> /dev/ipnat
4. chmod 644 /dev/ipnat

That worked fine with ipf. I guess you can try to test it with pf on
squidserver (compile with enable-pf-transparent and chgrp+chmod on
/dev/pf.

--
Kind regards
Abu Khaled