RE: [squid-users] Microsoft Updates

From: Shawn Wright <swright@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 15:22:09 -0700

This is not squid related specifically, but may explain why XP SP2
machines stop working through squid.

http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic33581.html

We have tested this on one XP SP2 machine which was trying to go
direct, even with correct proxy setttings. Forcing the settings with

"proxycfg -p proxy:80"

fixed the problem. It also solved the problem with Norton Liveupdate on
the same machine, where manual liveudpate would use the proxy, but
automatic would not.

Run "netstat -o" on the client to determine which apps are not using the
proxy.

On 27 May 2005 at 15:11, Denis Augusto Araujo de Souza wrote:

> David,
>
> We had some problems with Windows Update too. We solved with:
>
> acl Microsoft_Windows_Update dstdom_regex .download.microsoft.com .windowsupdate.com .windowsupdate.microsoft.com .microsoft.com
>
> http_access allow Microsoft_Windows_Update
>
> []īs,
>
> Denis

Shawn Wright, I.T. Manager
Shawnigan Lake School