RE: [squid-users] timesout on always_direct

From: Peņa, Botp <botp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:42:54 +0800

Henrik Nordstrom [mailto:hno@squid-cache.org] wrote:

#> I have the ff conf snippet:
#>
#> ----------------------------------
#> acl test dst 192.168.25.60
#> always_direct allow test
#>
#> never_direct allow all
#> ----------------------------------
#>
#> This hangs/timesout whereever/whenever i browse.
#>
#> However, if i remove the always_direct line, browsing works
#> flawlessly. Is there a conflict w the always_direct and never_direct
#> directives?
#
#always_direct allow always has a higher priority than
#never_direct allow.
#
#The above suggests to me that your Squid server can not talk to
#192.168.25.60 but your parent can.

1. can you give me a hint here why? The 192.168.25.60 is a windows machine
that answers everyone.

2. Also, I am confuse because the always_direct seems to affect the whole
proxy behavior. If i browse to other sites/hosts eg www.cnn.com, it times
out nonetheless. I reckon it should timeout only when i connect to
192.168.25.60, no?

kind regards -botp

proxy version: squid 2.5stable10
parent version: squid 2.5stable9